This is the cookie for PISTACHIO lovers! It's a soft and chewy chocolate chip cookie filled with a homemade pistachio cream. Topped with flaky sea salt and crushed pistachios, I promise these won't disappoint!
Recipe yields 16-18 medium sized cookies
1 cup raw pistachios
1/4 cup heavy cream
1 cup white chocolate (good quality choclate!)
1/4 cup heavy cream
3 tbs unsalted butter
Chocolate Chip Cookie
1 cup of unsalted butter
3/4 cup white sugar
1/2 brown sugar
2 tsps vanilla extract
2 1/2 cups (300 g) flour
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp kosher salt
1 1/4 cup (125g) good quality chocolate cut into chunks ranging in size.
Flaky sea salt
Pistachio Cream Instructions:
Add the pistachios to a food processor with 1/4 cup of the heavy cream. Blitz for around 5 minutes until the pistachios turn into a smooth paste. You’ll need to stop the processor 3-4 times to scrape down the sides. The pistachio will turn into crumbs first then it should form into a ball when it’s reached the paste stage.
- Add 1 cup white chocolate, 1/4 cup heavy cream, and 3 TBS butter to a larger microwave safe bowl. Microwave in 20 second intervals mixing in between. If there are a few bits of unmelted chocolate chips that’s ok. Let it melt on its own in the bowl.
- Let the white chocolate mixture cool to room temperature before moving on to next step.
- Transfer pistachio paste and white chocolate mixture to a blender. Blend until it turns thick and creamy.
- Store in a mason jar in the fridge for up to two weeks.
- Freeze 1 TBS sized balls of the pistachio cream so that it's easier to work with later on. Scoop the pistachio cream with a spoon and place it on a tray lined with parchment paper. Place in the freezer.
- Cook butter in a medium saucepan over medium- low heat, stirring often, until it foams, then browns, 5–8 minutes. This step is crucial!! Be sure to keep an eye on your butter so it doesn’t burn. You want it to turn amber in color.
- Once cooked place butter in a large mixing bowl and let cool for 15 minutes.
- Add sugars, eggs, and vanilla extract, mix.
- In a separate bowl combine flour, salt, and baking soda.
- Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients. Do not overmix.
- Add chopped chocolate.
- Scoop 2 tbsp sized balls and flatten it out with the palm of your hand. Place frozen pistachio cream in the center and seal it.
- Place cookies in the fridge for at least 1 hour to up to 2 days before baking.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Place cookies on a parchment lined cookie tray 3” away from each other.
- Bake for 12-13 minutes or until edges are golden brown.
- Top with flaky sea salt and crushed pistachios.