1 cup of butter
3/4 cup white sugar
1/2 brown sugar
2 tsps vanilla extract
2.5 cups (300 g) flour
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp kosher salt
1.5 cups (200g) good quality chocolate cut into chunks ranging in size.
Flaky sea salt
Recipe makes 16-18 cookies.
- Cook butter in a medium saucepan over medium- low heat, stirring often, until it foams, then browns, 5–8 minutes. This step is crucial!! Be sure to keep an eye on your butter so it doesn’t burn. You want it to turn amber in color.
- Once cooked place butter in a large mixing bowl and let cool for 15 minutes.
- Add sugars, Eggs, and vanilla extract, mix.
- In a separate bowl combine flour, salt, and baking soda.
- Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients and mix just slightly before fully incorporated. Add chocolate.
- Scoop 2 tbsp sized ballys and place them 3” away from each other.
- Bake at 350 for 9-11 minutes if you prefer it gooey bake for 8-9 minutes.
- Top with flaky sea salt.